MIT Robocon Tech Team
We are Group of 30 promising engineers from branches like E&TC , Computer , Mechanical , Civil , Petrochem. We work systematically for a year before the competition.
Work done by Elec Team
Circuit boards designing and development for different peripherals like LCD, keypad, encoders, sensors, h-bridge , motors, etc.
Mostly we work with atmega1280, atmega32, atmega8 micro controllers.
Work done by Mech Team
As per problem statement machines are designed Catia @ ProE followed by 3D simulation and then actual fabrication. This helps in calculating total weight and thus appropriate material for fabrication could be selected. Machine stability could also be predicted.
Different fabrication methods used are:
- laser cutting
- Wire cutting
- Aluminium welding
- Tig welding
- CNC Based fabrication
Work done by Coding Team
Coding team has developed many libraries for various applications. They have also developed traction control and navigation systems which use a multiple feedback system for higher reliability.
Feathers in our cap
*Semi-finalists at the nationals
* Runners up at the nationals represented India at the internationals.
* Won The Misumi sponsors’ award at International Robocon.
* Semi-finalists at the nationals.
* MIT Tech Team won Against 40 Indian Teams including all the IITs and made it to the International.
* Award for Best Innovative design.
* Prof. Balakrishna Memorial award.
* Semi-finalists at the nationals
* Champions in National ABU Robocon India having 67 participants
* Certificate for fastest job completing robot.
* Prof. Balakrishna Memorial Award. .
* Ranked Fifth in International Robocon in Hong Kong.(Best ever Indian Performance)
* Mabuchi Motor Award at Internationals
* the only team to beat the eventual champions (china) .
* Champions for Second consecutive year in Nationals having 81 participants.
* Prof. Balakrishna Memorial Award.
* Will be representing India at Vietnam in the International Robocon 2013 in Danang in August.
* Ranked 3rd in National ABU Robocon India 2014.
* Upgraded electronics system with our own routing.
* Wireless controls on both robots.
* Use of Microsoft Kinect for depth mapping and tracking of shuttle projectile.
* Semi finalists at the nationals.
* Winners of the prestigious “Best Idea Award”.
* Only team in India to successfully implement complete automation.
#Consistent Performance since 2007:
* Won 3 times
* Represented India 4 out of last 9 times
* Atleast Semi finalist 9 times in the past 10 years
No Indian Team has played so consistently in past 10 years (in a period when Indian robotics picked up a pace and robocon started getting a good competition)